cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 435 Posts
Originally Posted by CrossChain
Cyclezen....sorry they didn't work out, but thanks for trying to pass them on. I'm very happy on my Nitto Noodles and Dream bars, too.
Oh, but it did work out, in terms of education. After 35+ years of ridin traditional bars, I guess I found that they really work pretty well for me.
When I 1st saw the 'new' anatomic ergo bars I was all hepped to get thm on one of my bikes - but never really acted on it. At least until this fall when I finally broke down and got not 1 new frame, but 3 - all steel. Decided to do 'anatomic on all of them. The Ritchey bars are the 'surviving' set, the other 2 bikes have long since been subbed back to classic bend bars.
Bars, like saddles, a totally personal choice. It is nice to have all these options, and be comfortable with the choice one does end up with.
Also found I like a narrow bar. Seems to keep in better posture, I tend to allow my elbows to lock on a wide bar, whereas on a 40 cm I hold a much better natural bend to the elbows and wrists - way better for good riding and long distance... for me
Kudos to your great offer - figured I could at least keep the same goin...