Old 07-19-06, 11:59 AM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
A hot ride: Is this what bonking feels like?Feel Awful.

My whole life I have not taken the heat well. THe heat makes me feel sort of nauseaus and dizzy. Even when a couch potato.
Last night I got like 6 1/2 hours sleep. NIght before over 8. Had a good breakfast. Cereal , banana. On the ride I took one bottle water and one large bottle of "Accerade." Usually water is more accessible. But we were out in the mountains. Two bottles/ four hours.
We rode like four hours. 45 miles. Last 90 minutes was the toughest. Like a 4.5 grade for 8 miles. Not bad for me. That 8 miles was like 92 degrees. Lots of it was shaded. Four miles down hill. No big deal.
Felt a slight need for more water the last 15 miles. Out in the country. there was none to be found. Had completed my bottles.
On the way back I discovered my rear tire was thumping and tire's thread crooked. So when I got back I had to replace that. I can't let my bikes go unmaintenained. I changed the flat in the garage. It was very warm there. During the ride felt ok. While repairing the tire in the hot garage, I began to feel dizzy.
Ate some yougart and a recovery drink. Couple hours later, I was shaking , felt dizzy, little nauseaus. My wife wanted me to go to the Doctor. My skin is red. Used sun screen.
Wife says my body temp is over 100. Really do not want much dinner.Been taking lots of fluids. Still feel hot.It is like 5 hours after the ride. Is this normal bonking.
I have biked in hotter conditions and far more strenous. Is this normal bonking?
Had normal fatique up until I worked on the tire in that hot garage. I thought? thanks.
Really weird for me. I am going to bed before dark. Wife says me fever is between 100 and 101.

Last edited by cyclezealot; 07-19-06 at 12:07 PM.