NoRacer
Isaias

Bikes: Ridley X-Fire (carbon, white)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's not aggressive! This is aggressive:

On my way home, yesterday, on a road that I always take the right most of three lanes, I reach an area where it's downhill for about 1/4th of a mile hitting speeds of 35-40 MPH. Two thirds of the way through that quarter mile the three lanes become two through-lanes, one RTOL, and a very short LTOL just at the intersection. I ALWAYS move just to the left of the left stripe of the RTOL.

Well, while descending at about 35 MPH, I hear a car approaching in the RTOL. Then the driver starts blowing the horn at me. I ignore. Then the car pulls right up next to me--female driver, 20ish years old, straight blonde hair pulled up off of her neck, thin build--and starts to edge over towards me, willfully crossing over the left RTOL stripe in an effort to "make an impression" on me. I stay calm. Move over enough out of her way to not get splattered at 35 MPH and yelled at her, "What's your problem?!" She drives off and makes the turn. I point at her license plate as I'm reading it and mouth the numbers and letters. I do this about three times, so that if she looks out her rear view mirror, she'll see me doing it.

I should have pulled over and used my cell phone to report her to the police right away, but I waited--too long. By the time I had a chance to speak to an officer about it, my recollection of the plate number was scrambled. ef-me! Lessons learned--have a camera or call right away while the plate number is fresh in my mind or write the plate number down.