Old 07-21-06, 11:11 PM
49er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Picking a Specialized Sirrus Sport from the rest

Looking to buy the Sirrus Sport what would be a good price?
My LBS has it at $760can do you think i can get a 10% discount or should i get a lifetime service for labor on the bike.
Do i need a bike pump or can i use the gas station pump? Different tire stem then cars?

My riding the Sirrus base model was not what i expected the front chain ring teeth are smaller and less then the Sport model and the shifters feel better. After riding the Sirrus found the Nexave front derailuer had a lot of black dust or should i say metal dust covered. I felt the Sport model with Deore front derailuer a bit more solid then the Nexave. Anyone have comments on the derailuers?

Most of my riding is on a 10 year old 35lb cromoly MTB with low end parts that were never serviced, works okay with low amount of riding.
My riding habits are mostly bike paths sidewalks, and local streets. Find the Hybrid is the best bike i should need. Hate the fact that when i ride on my MTB people seem to pass bye me quite easily.
Only problem is the Sirrus Sport wheels Alex DA16 will they be able to hold up to uneven payment such as speed bumps 2inch sidewalk curb ramps buckled sidewalks and asphalt.

Like the ride on the Sirrus Sport so much i want to buy a road bike Allez Elite but with a price tag of $1725 canadian it would be more like 2 grand with taxes and shoes pedals. For the type of riding i will do is it worth it? Plus will i be able to relax if i lock my bike outside if i go to a store or pool.

Looked at the Trek FX7.3 and Devinci hybrids. Find there derailuers are worse off then Sirrus base model but price looks better. Want to get a bike thats solid lasts long time without to much servising. If i can get a good deal does it matter which derailuers the bikes have is it all the same?

Whats makes me happy is what i did when i bought my MTB compared all other base models of that year Giant, Raleigh. All had about 100 to $150 more what i paid for a same type of bike with low end Shimano and Dotek parts last me a long time. I still feel brand names sometimes is what you are paying higher premium for not the quality of the item itself. Now i got no choice the company i can only pick from are Giant, Trek, Devinci, and my pick Specialized Sirrus Sport.