hill hater

Location: norton ohio 5.5 miles from center road tow path trail head

Bikes: cannondale t400 1987 model and a raleigh gran prix from 1973

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by N_C
A lot of people here do not think anyone should call the police when they see a wrong way cyclist riding illegally on the interstate. They think people should mind their own business. That's what gives. You post a safety or advocacy issue here & what you believe to be right. Even if it is within your legal right or responsibility to do something the opposers of it jump all over & brow beat you. Call you names, etc. I call them outlaws. To me these people are not advocates or safety minded cyclists. So why are they eve here posting? I have yet to see them post a advocacy or safety thread that they are the OP in. All they do is post negative responses to what the rest of us here think is right or the right way to do something.
Well you know non cyclists see our posts advocating cycling and think that were trying to cover up all the bad things cyclists do like blowing red lights goign the wrong way or other bone head moves cyclists will do.
heres a qoute from one such person on bikeportlands blog page

" Shawn
July 21st, 2006 13:13

Some of the people that post these comments make me laugh. You would support a persons rights one minute, then denouce other people rights to the FCC. Why not encourage people to call the police on every cyclist that breaks the law? How many of these posters have run a stop sign, cut of pedestrians all in the name of thier rights? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. You shollow people make me sick "
http://bikeportland.org/2006/07/17/w...now/#more-1665

I for one am happy to see some posts on the bad things cyclists do. I think this helps cycling advocacy
as it shows that even cyclists them selves will not tolerate other cyclists breaking the laws.
While im sure that theres a large number who go unreported im sure theres a far larger percentage that do get reported but we just dont posts about the report.

Ive reported or aproached a few cyclists this year for being total idiots i just chose to not post about it because it was not realy post worthy.