View Single Post
Old 07-22-06, 04:01 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Carusoswi
Well, ok, Step. Happy wheel building to you. What at this early juncture causes you such concern with the wheels that came with your road bike? Are they out of round already? . . . loose spokes? What?

If you are willing to spend the money and know what you want in a set of wheels, then, go for it.

I really wonder if it's necessary - especially on a road bike. If you start with a good wheel and avoid all but the most vicious pot holes, you should not really have an issue with your wheels unless they were absolute junk to start with - that doesn't really seem to be the case.

I'm sure you'll sort it out.

Have fun.

Caruso
You haven't seen me ride on the trails round here. I still go out with the mountain bikers on the road bike and we still hit the gentler trails. Seems only fair after 25 miles of road that we take a detour for their MTB's to work. Use my loaf on the downhills- but still go for the uphills. Wheels on the bike are Formula hubs with alex rims- They will not last long, so before they give out- I might aswell get a new set and have the originals as spares.

Spike Milligan