Old 07-24-03, 07:45 AM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The very first thing I would do is contact IMBA www.imba.com they are THE voice of mountain bikers in the advocacy field worldwide. I'm SURE they can put you in contact with some ACTIVE clubs in your state.

Also, if you get a chance, pick up any issue of BIKE magazine. Toward the back they have a REGIONAL section where local issues, races and advocacy is going on. There is always an e-mail for the person covering your area. Send them an e-mail, and they'll possibly print a "Call to Arms" through their NATIONWIDE publication.

I would also log on and register at www.ridemonkey.com and see if anyone there is local and active in any clubs.

Do a google for your area and see if it turns up any local organized clubs. I did that down here in FL and turned up about 5 active groups.

Definately hit the Local Bike shops. Find out about any local XC races. Get the e-mail of the Race Promoters and contact them. Racer types are very involved and have a tremendous statewide network as most racers travel and make friends all over the state.

If I lived there, I'd offer my assistance. The hardest thing is getting people involved, and IMBA would be my first stop!

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger