Old 07-25-06, 08:02 PM
bmclaughlin807
Crankenstein

Bikes: Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
One thing you'll notice while reading the Forums is that there are a lot of different types of riders here... so you'll get a lot of different advice, some of it contradictory.

Read a bit, and figure out what type of bicyclist you want and/or can afford to be.

If you ask 'What bike should I buy' you're going to get answers ranging from BMX to Mountain bikes to Hybrid, Carbon Fiber dream machines, Titanium, Wal-mart, 30-40 Year old classics, and price ranging from $5 up to $10,000 or more.

Nobody knows (at least not yet....) what type of riding or what type of bicycle interests you.

Personally, I have two bikes, a few pieces of cycle clothing, rack and grocery panniers, and lights on my bike... I use my bike for recreational cycling, commuting, and utility (Running errands, getting groceries, etc)... Between all my cycling gear, the two bikes, and tools (I do all my own work on the bikes) I have about $400 invested (That includes parts that I had to buy to repair my bike when I got tapped by an SUV)

There are others who have spent thousands of dollars on bikes, clothes, accessories.

Different lives, different needs and wants, different styles.

Look around, read a bit, decide where you fit in, and what YOUR style is.

Most of all, get a bike you'll enjoy and GET OUT AND RIDE!
"There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson