View Single Post
Old 07-26-06, 08:23 AM
bike2math

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Local News Laughs!

Well the local news station did their obligatory once a week "OMFG the sky is falling, gas prices are to high" story. This time the reporter (standing in front of a BP station, like they need free advertising ) opened the story with, "The best way to save gas is to walk or ride a bicycle, but if that is IMPOSSIBLE here are some ways to stretch your 3.09 a gallon."

I was somewhat gratified because I've been sending them letters after every story complaining that they don't mention the best way to avoid high prices, not to buy the product, this time they mentioned it but immediately worte it off.

The story went on to outline the dos and don'ts that make sense, don't top off, do check your tires and air filter etc.
But then for reasons I still never understand, they started asking the idiots driving suburbans and F-series trucks at the BP station what they were doing to save. I thought the answer was clear

I think oil companies have figured out that whatever they charge people will still pay. I have zero sympathy for anyone that doesn't understand capitalism enough to know that if a product is priced higher than they like then they should stop buying it.

ahh well. Just had to vent. I guess.