cooleyjb
Unpossible

Bikes: Giant TCR Zero, Giant Team Once

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by baj32161
It boggles my mind that all of you are allowed to spew your opinions like pollen and say it's okay and that you are entitled, yet when Greg LeMond does the very same thing you find all sorts of names to call him and reasons why he is a jerk. You are all doing nothing but the very same thing he is doing.

The difference between a forumite and Lemond is that Lemond is on National TV and in the National Press. We can sound whiny on a forum because of the "internet thug" attitude that comes out in most people when a keyboard, monitor and modem line separate us from everyone else out there.

Being a public figure carries a burden and that burden is all of your words will be dissected and not forgotten.

Do I like Lemond? Who cares it doesn't matter. I would like to see him be a bit less controversial and outspoken and that he would think about what he says more carefully right now he isn't helping cycling by jumping on the hate Landis wagon directly from the "it's about time a clean rider won the tour" wagon.