mtnbiker66
Old School Rad

Bikes: Blur LT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mtnbikers......

As we start the 2006 bike club for The Mountain Community School I was thinking about how it has grown. We started out with a few kids on cruddy bikes and now thanks to many donations and fund raisers most of our kids ride pretty good bikes and we have about 10 to 15 kids a ride. Sycamore Cycles and Bike Ways,a couple of our LBS's have helped soooo much. A fellow we didn't even know put on a bike festival to raise money for our club. A fellow at the festval puts on the 24hrs of Pisgah race and waived the $600 entry for us to put a team in the event. The same guy that put on the festival found out one of our kids needed a bike to ride so he dropped off a full XTR Stumpy for her to ride until she gets something.
The point I'm making is the local mtnbike community has gone out of its way to help us. It makes me proud to be in a sport that has so many caring folks.Local pros,LBS's, local riders,they all have worked hard to help our kids out. Our kids have grown through riding. One of our kids will ride the 24 hr race with us and he couldn't climb a small hill last year. Now he's one of our best riders. Just wanted to take a minute and give big props to all the riders out there that share the sport with others. Here are a few pics from Fontana Fest.........
The racing , scary fast.........

The slow race finals, girlscout is slooooow......

A live band and its party time!.......

after the Tsali ride....

Hambone's crew...