View Single Post
Old 07-26-03, 04:15 AM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
How long after surgery think of touring?

I am so depressed. First time in 4 years, I might not get in a long bike tour. Last year's Nevada tour was great. Planned to repeat it, until an April crash and June 30 ligament replacement in shoulder. To wear immobolizing sling until Sept. 1.
Wanted to tour Sept. 23. for 430 miles.
Am confused. My doctor says takes about 1 month of therapy to get back to normal functioning of arm. Talked to physical therrapist, said he has seen recovery from almost couple weeks to half a year..
Some of our members here at BF responded to shoulder surgery questions and were mid-way through treatment. How are you doing.? I get outdoors and see cyclists I get so green with envy and am so bored. After Sept. 1 the number of tours available really trickle off- so if I have to wait long for therapy,I am screwed.
Might I as well, start eating potato chips and watch daytime soaps and hang up my bikes? Gaining weight anyway.
How long did it take you following major orthopedic surgery?Thanks.
Guess, we accept our fate better if we realistically know what to expect- meanwhile I hear reports back of two biking friends making preparations for tour we were all going to do together.