Old 07-28-06, 02:40 PM
tryplecrown
It's a Sledgehammer...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tell me about your helmet

I'm shopping helmets and am looking in the $50 to $75 range, but was wondering what everyone is wearing? Helmets are such an individual thing, so I was interested in hearing what kind of helmet everyone's rockin', what you like about it and what price range it falls in to and where you got it. Even if it's an X-mart helmet, tell me about it! Or maybe you know about some good online deal?

I promise, I'm not trying to start an argument about the protection capabilities of a $15 helmet vs. a $150 helmet, but I currently don't have a helmet and really need one (I feel stupid riding without one on trails even though they're not too tech). So that's why I'm curious.

I've considered getting an X-mart special to get by, but I hate to do that and turn around and spend more money on another helmet in a few months knowing I'll just have the X-mart to toss in a corner of my garage as a backup that will rot. Wish I had the cash to just hit the LBS and just pick one up, but due to tight cash flow, I have to be the super shopper when it comes to any of my gear.

So, tell me about your bucket!