View Single Post
Old 07-29-06, 08:07 AM
derath

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just shut up and ride?

I have gotten back into riding in a big way this year. A number of months ago I got a Garmin edge 305HR and love it for its geekiness. But I also find it a source of frustration.

With my new son being born 3 months ago, I am basically starting over again. I would love to HR train, but with my local routes it is kind of pointless.

The roads I ride around my house are very hilly. Going up some of them, even in the granny gear basically spikes my HR. I have natural hill repeats

So basically I have determined I just have to give up for now and just ride. Spike my HR on the way up, recover on the way down. Hopefully after some more time getting back into shape I will get my fitness to the point that I can start doing more targetted training.

Sound smart? I am guessing that maybe while not ideal, riding hills all the time will still certainly work at getting me into shape (not completely burning myself out). I mean plenty of of other people live in areas that only give them a certain type of terrain and the do fine.

-D