View Single Post
Old 07-30-06, 12:14 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by hulkster
Maybe so, but while the guy sitting in the car is inhaling 6 litres/minute of air, the guy outside running is inhaling 60 litres of air...which is worse?
The hypoventilating, under-exercised guy sitting in the car is considerably worse off.

I am merely saying that its something to think about, and perhaps you might want to try and find a route that is maybe on a paved trail through a park, rather then on the road.
Uh-huh. So cycle commuters should confine themselves to paved parks and MUPs in order to avoid the big scary pollution out there. Isn't that convenient? But hey, you're forgetting about the poor people in cars! What to do... oh, I know! They should try and find a route that is maybe on a paved trail through a park, rather than on the road. Sure, the chances of it taking them where they need to go are miniscule, but who cares? They'll be preserving their health. Oh, and best of all, the roads will be available for all those cyclists to get to work or play... pollution-free!

Tell me, what exactly is your agenda here? Because it doesn't sound like innocent concern for the health of commuting cyclists, to me.