Thread: I got thtung!
View Single Post
Old 08-01-06, 05:42 PM
moxfyre
cyclist/gearhead/cycli...

Bikes: Homebuilt tourer/commuter, modified-beyond-recognition 1990 Trek 1100, reasonably stock 2002-ish Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Canonet
Riding home today, felt a bug fly onto my lips. Refexively tried to swat it away with my left hand, when suddenly OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW -- a wasp wreaked it's savage revenge on my lower lip.

It's been a bad week for commuting -- yesterday on my way into work I got sideswiped by a woman in a Civic who changed lanes without looking (bent large ring and bruises), and then on the way back somebody threw a peach at me from a car -- hit me square in the chest, and when I looked down to see the circular wet stain, I thought for a fraction of a second that I'd been shot.

I'm beginning to think I shoud just hide at home for the rest of the week.
Geez that's rough! I guess a bug bite now and then is par for the course, though I can't say I'd enjoy it. I've swallowed a lot of bugs and got stung by flies, but never a wasp while on my bike. Sorry dude I'd buy you a beer if you weren't 3.5 states/provinces away

But that sideswipe and thrown peach would really piss me off. Did you get the Civic driver to pay you for your damaged bike??