Old 08-02-06, 06:09 PM
Sprocket Man
Prefers Aluminum

Bikes: Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hornbiker
Not on all climbs, but long ones. I'm doing a nasty century ride on Sunday, with 10,500 feet of climbing. This season I have been regularly dropping my dear significant other on pretty much every long mountain climb we do. This is a new phenomenon this year, used to be the other way around. Anyway, this century has three huge climbs (the last is 14 miles), and I would like to ride my pace since it's what I'm comfortable with. Is that bad? I'll wait for him at the top...

He will of course totally drop me on all the descents.

(I've probably hexed myself by writing this, and will get dropped by him on every hill. And get 6 flat tires.)
Dropping your husband on climbs will emasculate him. In order for him to feel like a man again, he will start having an affair with someone who won't hurt his fragile self-esteem. So the answer is, it's OK to drop your husband on climbs, but make sure that you have a good divorce attorney programmed into your speed-dial.