Old 08-03-06, 02:50 PM
San Rensho 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by twahl
That was my thought too. In any case, how was her action dangerous?

Sometimes I think that as a group, we have too much of a chip on our shoulder. The folks that read this forum are not an accurate representation of what "cagers" (grow up people.) see on a bicycle most of the time. Most of what they see are slow riders on the sidewalk, usually with no helmet or lights or any other "serious riding gear" of any sort. They don't expect us to be moving as fast as we are because they don't believe they could ever move more than maybe 5 MPH on a bike. That's the perception they have when they encounter us. Of course they want to go around us!

Okay, she was not trying to avoid splashing me, she was WAY ahead of me when she went around the puddle, she was already moving back into the right hand lane, when she moved left again, this time, completely into the oncoming traffic lane, in order to avoid the puddle. Sorry that wasn't clear in my original post.

The only point I'm trying to make is that she gives more room to a puddle on the road than she does to a human being. The fact that she gives more room to a puddle demonstrates she's more worried about getting her car wet than about the safety of a person. It wasn't a dangerous pass per se, just demonstrative of many cagers attitude towards bicyclists, that they care more about a puddle than they do for us.

1980 3Rensho-- 1975 Raleigh Sprite 3spd
1990s Raleigh M20 MTB--2007 Windsor Hour (track)
1988 Ducati 750 F1