Old 08-07-06, 09:24 AM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Liked 854 Times in 387 Posts
Originally Posted by cavernmech
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
That place has got to be some kind of Mafia front of sumthin.He never wants to sell anything.
On a side note....I still have a bunch of stuff in the basement. I am (sadly) at the shop today till prolly about 4 p.m. If anyone wants to come down, give me a heads up and I will open up for ya. There is still some good stuff....a few road frames particularly 2 x56cm 1 x 61cm..that would be a shame to send to the dump.
Yeah, I don't know how John makes any money at all. I walked in there on Saturday and he told me that he couldn't show me anything as he was too busy; he had been talking to a friend of his, real busy. I asked about a Bianchi frame and he said he had lots of them but he still wouldn't show me them. I said I had a Ciocc frame that I would be willing to put towards the purchase of a Bianchi frame (entirely untrue, I'd never part with my Ciocc), he still wouldn't show me.

Hehehe, it is laughable and I actually did laugh and said "Well, forget it then" and started to leave and he stopped me and we took a look around. I'd never give this guy the time of day and I knew that if he had the bike that it would be a ridiculous price but I just like looking around in his shop, it is awe-inspiring. Oh, and that bike photo that I attached was from an eBay auction that ended last week for 280$USD for the entire bike, John wanted 500$CDN for the frame and fork. It isn't even a top of the line frame, it is from a mid-range line, I just like the colour.

Still, I'd like to get a few photos of the inside of his shop and blow the minds of the guys/gals in the Vintage/Classic Forum, John's Italian steel collection is out of control.