View Single Post
Old 08-01-03, 06:16 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
This is the same bunch of people who consider that if someone is not dressed "appropriately" (according to their standards) they must be some dumbo.

I frequently ride in non-fashionable clothing on errands or when I just don't feel like taking the time to get "dolled up." This especially happens when I jump on my mtn/beater bike with a pair of Levis on and a sweatshirt.

Then I seem to get pretty much ignored or looked down on by certain riders, most notably by those "team riders" - those all set up in their matching Jerseys who are showing off all their stuff to impress others (I don't really know who gets impressed, though. I don't.)

And, I most likely have more miles under my belt than the whole bunch of them together.

But, that is only a very few folks. Almost all bikers are tolerant of others, and, generally, are amongst the very nicest of folks you might meet. It is just a few "Fundacyclists" or whatever who seem to spoil the barrel a bit. So, take heart. Most folks on BF would be tolerant of a variety of bikes. Our recent survey shows that about 90% of those responding had or have a HUffy (*Mart or Dept store bike), for example.

Anyway, anything that gets you more exercise is ok in my book.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 08-01-03 at 06:30 AM.