N_C
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John E
My position:
1) I have contributed annually to MADD for over 20 years.
2) I favor stricter penalties for drunk drivers who injure, kill, or maim. Lifelong restitution payments, jail time, public service time, and loss of driving PRIVILEGE are all on my list of appropriate punishments.
3) The situation has improved somewhat over the years, mainly because enough people got "MADD" enough to do something about the problem.
But it is still not enough. Granted the justice I would like to administer probably makes me no better then the drunk driver who injured or killed someone. I would still like to see the drunk drivers life ruined for what they do to people. The kind of punishment I am talking about is life long retribution, whether financial or otherwise. Mark them somehow so everyone will know what they did. They should be made to make retribution to the victim or the families of those who lives they ruin for the rest of their lives. The court system can make this happen but there are those that seem to think people who break the law like this have rights. As far as I'm concerned if you do this you lose all your rights.