Old 08-12-06, 12:41 AM
14R 
Bromptonaut

Bikes: 1994 Diamond Back Racing Prevail ti; Miyata 914, Miyata 1000, 2017 Van Nicholas Chinook

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spambait11
It seems everyone would rather have the B., but no one wants to pay the price.
I agree. I realized about 1 year ago that if you are into conventional bikes, even the not so expensive folders will need upgrades and will cost aprox. US$500 to make it similar in performance and feel to a conventional bike. There is no way to compare a Downtube or strida to a Brompton/Merc or Bike Friday. I personally have a Downtube VIIIFS05 ($300) and a Modified Giant Halfway ($1300). They are both folders, both 20" but all you need to do is ride each one for 30 seconds and you can see the difference.

On the other hand, since the Mini has smaller wheels and falls into the Super compact folder category (AtoB Mag), giving an idea on how it rides/performs comparing to more sophisticated versions of the same category (different "class" I guess, but still same category) may help the newcomer understanding that these are different products, for different purposes, with different price tags.

What I really would like to see is a picture of an adult riding the Mini now, so I can see how far the knee is from the handlebar while pedalling.

Last edited by 14R; 08-12-06 at 12:46 AM.