Portis
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Crazy Ride

I got in 40 miles this morning, pretty routine until later in the ride. About 6 miles from home I watched a grain truck pull out of the County Landfill in front of me. He went real wide turning the corner and had his wheels off in the ditch before correcting and heading North up the road.

I didn't think too much of it until about 1 minute later when I looked up the road and saw the same truck now in the Northbound ditch. It was boucing back and forth in the ditch, seemingly looking for an object to hit which would make it roll over.

At about that time the truck whipped back into the roadway spinning 180 degrees. At the same time a Black grand am was forced completely into the ditch and ultimately to a sudden halt. The car sat stuck in the ditch and the truck was sitting facing South in the road way. I just sat their with my jaw open watching this whole thing unfold.

What the hell was wrong with the driver of this truck? When I got along side of him he was pretty shaken up. He asked the girl in the car if she was ok, and she simply gunned it and sped away, she was pissed. Luckily she wasn't dead.

This guy was driving a roofing truck. Roofing has been a mega million dollar existance here in our city this Summer. Nearly every roof was totaled in an April hailstorm and there are crazy roofers all over the place. The driver of this truck is working for a company that i just so happen to know where they are working. They are currently shingling a massive church and they are all hanging off ropes and stuff.

Maybe he was just exhausted but I think he might have been on something. Soon after this event a Sherriff's car drove past me. I waved him down and informed him about it. He sped off to try and catch up to the truck but unsure if he did.

What a crazy, ride!