Old 08-14-06, 08:36 PM
nickmaimone

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Winter Themral Jacket+bike Maintenence

Hey guys. Im used to just layering plain clothing for winter riding but now that Im racing, Ill be ordering some winter team clothing.

How good do those thermal jacket/jerseys work in the winter???They look comfy as heck...but how well do they keep you warm? What do you guys usually wear UNDER the thermal jackets?

For below the waist, I plan on getting a pair of good bib tights with no pad,(any suggestions?) and wearing my team bibs on top. Then Ill have a pair of shoe covers and double up on socks. and Im looking at those Voler winter gloves(we are sponsored by voler, so we get good deals).

Also, is it alright to ride my bike I race on, all throughout winter? what could go wrong? Im really into taking care of my things, and Im too broke to take chances of damaging anything. I dont have another bike, so is it alright to ride that bike all through winter? whats the worst that can happen? I am used to riding a plain and simple singlespeed in the winter, but now I dont have that anymore, and all I have is my good bike that I race with. Can the carbon be effected in any way by the cold temps?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by nickmaimone; 08-15-06 at 11:09 AM. Reason: adding something