View Single Post
Old 08-15-06, 04:56 PM
Bizurke
Lost in Los Angeles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Most of those choices are reasons that I am "car free" so I can't choose just one.

The reason I started being car free was financial in mutliple ways. I couldn't afford a car for a long time. Got a $300 beater and racked up some tickets I couldn't afford to pay. The state yanked my license for not being able to pay and the car broke down. I started riding again shortly before I lost my license and I figured I might as well just ride my bike everywhere. A couple years later and I have no interest in getting a car, paying high insurance rates, and more than likely getting as fat as I used to be. I really LOVE to ride my bike and don't hesititate to take off to just about any destination on my bike. I do enjoy having more money, better health (lost 40lbs since January), having fun when I go places, and not having to worry about how much gas costs.

Soon winter will hit and I know I'll struggle with my decision a lot. I can't take a bus to work at midnight cause they don't run and riding my bike to work and school will leave me with about 3-4hrs of sleep a day because of the long distances between my home, work, and school. However I know I can push myself, wear the right clothing, and make it through the winter. Atleast I keep telling myself that.