View Single Post
Old 08-06-03, 01:20 PM
spazzerina

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

Hello Everyone! I am a Newbie by all meanings - new to cycling, new to bikeforums, and new to these fabulous smilies

I live outside of Philadelphia (north)... and some coworkers talked me into the MS150 in September. Always up for a challenge, I registered and then decided to give cycling a serious shot.

I used to do spinning at the gym, and I liked that so I went back to it before I bought a bike, to try to get the cardio going. A little over 2 years ago my rowing career ended with graduation and I moved too far away from the river to keep up with it. So I got lazy, put on a couple of pounds and now I work and am studying for a master's degree at night.

In my all-out attempt to get into this, I picked up a Cannondale and all the necessary (and some unnecessary) gear. The fun purchase was a Victory Brewing Co. jersey (victorycycling.com)

So, advice is good, especially from women who do long rides. I'll probably check in everyday since I'm really into the learning aspect.

Other things about me - I'm 24, I live at home, drive a Saturn, have a dog, and I don't leave the house without water and sunscreen (or SPF makeup)... :cool:

Last week I did 27 miles along Route 29 in New Jersey. Tons of bikes there (motor and road).

:fun: