Zeuser
e-Biker

Bikes: Gary Fisher, Strong GT-S eBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
A few more things I forgot to mention:

The anti-theft system is nothing more than a lock on the rear disc. It works well enough because the bike is so damn heavy. With the rear wheel locked, I seriously doubt anyone would want to pick up the bike and carry it off. This thing is near 100lbs. The anti-theft also locks the battery down.

The front LED headlight is really bright. I also didn't notice a significant drop in range with the light on.
The electric horn is really loud too but I find it sometimes surprises pedestrians and they remain confused for a few seconds. The LED headlight and electric horn are the best part of this eBike. If I were to canabalize this thing, those would be keepers.

That rear box on the touring model (see picture) is pretty cool but does have some issues. For starters it's plastic on plastic so it makes a lot of noise going over bumps. I put some silicon around the edge to dampen the noise a bit. Then there's the latch. It's not very good. If you take a hard bump the box will open itself. I've lost a mini video camera that way. It was stored in the rear box and about 100M down the road I noticed the box had opened. I noticed the video camera was gone and I was unable to find it.

Overall it's not a bad eBike considering the sub $1000 CDN price. But there are some issues with it that you need to be aware of. And I suspect that most of it is due to that really low price. It looks like they put some really cheap components on the bike in an effort to keep costs down.

Last edited by Zeuser; 05-14-07 at 01:23 PM.