View Single Post
Old 08-17-06, 01:50 PM
Shaman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the open cell foam on my Actionbent tadpole trike. It really does not breath well but maybe better than others. It is also a little poor in support for the significant areas of the back and that ZotaFoam seat looks quite narley for the hardshell bent seats. Do they make this cusion for the Actionbent FRP seat? Please link me up on this if they do.

One thing I noticed immediately with the foam over the original Actionbent pad is that the foam holds you in the seat much better. I was sliding of the original sponge seat and, being tall, it just pushed me in all the wrong places. It is just not comfortable.

If anyone would like to buy my seatpad, make me an offer... Linked here... just the pad

As for leather, yes, leather breathes very well as it also wicks moisture. If you want a hardseat (think horse riding saddle) custom fit to your form, that would be fantastic but probably a bit weighty. If you just want to cover a pad, there is some very lightweight and supple pigskin that is super tough and durable (use to do leatherwork with this and it is very thin and tear-resistant).

Personally I was thinking of having my wife sew up a terrycloth cover that is sinched down around the hardshell seat to hold the open cell foam pad in place. This would make cleaning a breeze, still maintain some of the "sticking to the seat" feel with the terrycloth texture, and add that finishing touch.