cavernmech
Jonnys ilegitimate Father

Bikes: too many too list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darkmother
I thought about it, but I'm going to take my MTB. My cross bike would be slower overall on this course I think. The problem riding cross against mountain bikers, especially with this many of them on the race circuit- is that they end up passing you on the downhills and technical stuff, and then you end up stuck behind them on the climbs, where you lose all your speed. Mountain bikes and cross bikes are sort of out of phase with one another, like when you keep passing the same TTC bus over and over again, only to have it motor by you at 60 km/hr. The advantage of the cross bike would be on the doubletrack, but I think it wouldn't be anywhere near enough to make up the lost ground. I'd actually love do it anyway, but I don't want to hold the team back if I can help it.

The other reason is that I am scared of my cross bike since my last crash. Sometimes I think I can hear it taunting me as I walk past it. I know that it secretly yearns to destroy me, and any offspring I may eventually have.
the course isn't particularly technical but it is still a Mtn bike course. A few of my teammates pre rode it on Mon...said it was really fast. I am on a 11 person corporate team...so I will only get 2 laps...maybe 3...but thats a-o-k with me...more pinting time in the pits.
Stop by camp 68 for a cold one and some poker.