Old 08-19-06, 11:16 AM
mlh122

Bikes: Trek 4500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
Thanks everyone for the tip on the Thule. I was doing a little searching. Has anyone tried this?

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=4411

Looks kinda cheapie compared to the Thule. And there's a great price difference. Just wondering if any of you have this one and feels it performs well.

I've had that one about 2 years. The only problem is that the arms that hold the bikes down can come loose pretty easily. I dropped my bike on the freeway once, and dragged it several feet before I figured out what happened. To fix that I have a bungee cord that i use to tether the bikes to it, and then i put my bike lock on it with absolutely no play, so if the little arms come up the bikes don't go anywhere. Since I've put on the bungee and the lock i've had no problems. oh, and mine has a nut welded inside that you use to bolt it to the hitch, this nut makes it impossible to use a cotter pin or locking rod like the sawproof one from Masterlock. I've thought about hammering the nut out of there but I decided not to because i'd think a cotter pin or something would allow it to bounce more, vs. when cinched down with a nut and bolt, it doesn't make any noise.