View Single Post
Old 08-25-06, 12:35 PM
!!Comatoa$ted
Senor Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Being car light/free for me was done for many reasons. Almost my whole life I did not get to use a car to do things. I had to walk, take the bus, or ride my bike. As I grew up the bike came to symbolise a sense of freedom for me. I had always seen myself as someone who would never have a license. Then I met my wife, who owned a truck at the time, and would use it to cart me around. I eventually got a license. Even at this time I still saw the bike as a better way to get around during 8 months of the year. So the bike remained my main mode of transportation to get to and from work. Then I quit my job to go back to school, in the process I moved to a town of 40K, so I just decided to ditch the car all together. For the reason that my insurance, of about $40/month, was more than I would spend on gas for the same period of time.

When I graduate from school, in 3 years, I will easily be making more than enough money to afford a car, but I have told myself that I would only buy a car that cost less than a bike, I plan to have a real sweet ride when I graduate. As for the small town that I live in I think that I will continue to live here because there will almost always be work in my field where ever I go, and if I stay here there is almost no need to rely on a car. I hope for me the car will be more of a toy like a bike is for most people that drive cars and think of the bike as a toy.