Old 08-27-06, 07:26 AM
Monoborracho

Bikes: More than I really should own.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jsxcsnow
Good luck!! I know what you are going through. April 13th of this year I had shoulder surgery. Mine turned out to be that I was dislocating out the back and all the legaments were torn, plus bone spurs. I was in a sling and brace 24 hrs a day till May 31. I started PT mid May and still at it. I was orginally told I wouldn't be able to get on bike till late Fall, Therapist had said next spring. Dr. allowed me back on bike early June as long as I went easy and hands only on top of bar. In mid July I was allowed to go into the drops and best of all I could stand. My butt needed that Since June I have been able to ride 1700 miles pain free. I'm hoping to do a century in couple weeks. Every mile I have rode this year has been a bonus for me. I'm not anywhere near 100% but I'm getting there. my advice , do only what the Dr. says, don't try to rush things.
Man I like hearing the outcome. Where you were adter surgery is about where I am now. Big bone spur in first surgery, and 2 inch tear. This time it was mess of new tears, loose anchors and inflammation. Brace 24 hrs / day for 2-3 weeks. I'm just hoping to get back to riding some by Oct.

Thanks guys for all the encouragement.