View Single Post
Old 08-27-06, 05:07 PM
Skullo 
Master of the Universe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 53 Posts
The thread title sums it up: WHEEEEEEEEEEE!

I am on my second year on a custom built (by me) Mountain bike.My road bike dealt out too much pain. Probably because of a couple herneated discs and nerve damage down my left arm. I had surgery on it over twenty years ago. I found a new Marin hardtail frame and built it up with a suntour front suspension and a xt 9 speed group.Shimano trekking crank with 48 tooth big ring. 1.3 inch slicks.sram road cassette in the back. Brooks b17. I now ride almost pain free.It is heavy but I can still do twenty + on the flats with no wind.I will put my fitness level above guys my age riding sub twenty pound road bikes. Did a solo century on it last year. Still get that pain in the rear after 70 miles but don't think that will get better. I have the parts together to build a touring bike with that same group on a early 90's Daimond Back Sorrento steel frame. I have never had a modern updated road bike, maybe there is one for me out there, but dont want to spend that kind of money on something that I cant ride. I have test ridden them but can't get a real feel on a test ride.