View Single Post
Old 08-12-03, 05:42 PM
Lost Coyote

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Front disk setups

Well much to my surprise, while celebrating our anniversary the other night, out of the clear blue sky my wife suggested that we should get a tandem! Woo hoo! So, I’m in the process of evaluating components and set ups for building a road tandem.

My wife has spent very little time on a tandem and I’ve got a dozen or so rides in as a stoker. I ridden on a Santana with a rear Formula hydraulic hybrid disk, but the owner took it off after too many headaches and problems. Last weekend the same guy suffered a front tire failure due an overheated rim on a downhill we commonly ride. I’ve read through the forum and have the following questions for you folks:

Why am I not finding anything information about font disk brakes? With so much of the braking force being on the front why isn't all the stuff learned from mountain biking disk systems being applied to tandems? Is it that no one makes a system that is compatible with existing Shimano or Campy levers? Also does anyone even make a tandem road fork for disk brakes?

Thanks in advance