Old 08-28-06, 07:05 PM
boroSS
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by operator
Lol, I kid. The hub generators only produce 3w? Is that enough to see where you're going? I'm looking to put a 10w/10w or a 10w/15w mr11's @ 12v. With a 13.2v 10Ah, Nimh pack I can get around 5 hours runtime with both on.

Darkmother: when you said smart charger, did you mean the ones with battery sensing/complete shutoff, temperature based turn off or set charge time/trickle?

Man where are the speciality battery stores when you need them.
you can get programable chargers with their own powersupply that can operate ac or dc for 80 bucks. u can seat peak mv, trickle and charging current for different battery types. check out the duratrax pirana...that thing is probably less than 80 these days and tops out at a 3amp charge rate.

if you had your own powersupply that u can run, get a lipo charger...they are only like 50 bucks for a 2 cell charger...and batteries can be had for under 100 depending what capacity you were looking for.

another route is going with one of those tactical lights that run off primary 123s...they have low voltage cut off to protect batteries as well as a regulated current draw so that you always get consistent brightness all the way till the end of the battery cycle. you can get luxeon bulbs that run off a single 123 that outputs 80 lumens...that's plenty bright for road riding.

additionally, these mostly have tuned optics for a very clean beam battern...no hotspots and tons of residual side spill. i personally run a HSD EDC 60