Old 08-29-06, 09:01 AM
chephy
Two H's!!! TWO!!!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jm01
Sorry to hear that its annoying...the section you speak of is that little rise by Royal York...the only problem i had there at one time was when I came around that last bend and found that some local school had sent their phys ed class jogging down the bike path straight into the cyclists...a stupid thing to do as the Eglinton path has seperate paths for bikes and people
Yeah, that happens a lot on bike paths around here, even when a separate path for pedestrians is provided. Another reason to dislike them (bike paths AND pedestrians ).

Anyway, I personally never had a problem on that little rise with anybody. I also realize that it's just pure luck and there were many situations where I wasn't and couldn't've been in control there (I saw cyclists fly down that at ridiculous speeds and on the wrong side of the path - had I been in their way, neither of us would've had any time to react).

Intersections are just a part of life in the big city, at least most have traffic lights to keep us safe...
Intersections - yes. Intersections of trail and road just to the side of main intersections (hidden by trees, too!) - no. Traffic lights don't keep us safe from right-turners. The only thing to do there is to slow way down. Which is fine, if you agree to pay that price for using a trail instead of the road.

I agree, Eglinton is not an exceptionally welcoming street to cyclists, so for many (including myself at certain times of day) the path is preferable.