Old 08-31-06, 05:47 AM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Pompiere
What about mounting the lights to the Swinggrip as in choice 1, and then flipping the whole thing upside down so the Swinggrip is below the stem and the lights are on top of the Swinggrip? The lights would still be about the same height as the handlebars, but the mounts would be out of the way.
Putting the swing grip under the stem was plan A. Wouldn't work with the Cantiliever brake housing stop where it is unless I had about another 1-2cm length stem.

Originally Posted by Jarery
I mount my lights right to my handle bars, and I mount them UNDER the bars.
That way when i get a flat at o'dark thirty on a rainy morning I can just flip my bike over to fix the flat and not have to worry about damaging my lights.
Very good point! Hadn't thought of this and certainly something to consider. Thanks for the 'in the real world' reality check.

Originally Posted by toddw
I use a handlebar bag and had to improvise mounting my light. I used an old school metal reflector bracket that bolted through the fork. Worked pretty slick. With a little work you might get two lights mounted.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4...frontlight.jpg
I originally had a reflector bracket that attached to the top of the stem that I was going to use as a mounting base. Didn't quite workout for me. And with this swing grip thingy, I've got a handy place to mount the switches too!