View Single Post
Old 09-01-06, 02:01 PM
dfrank

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lebowitz
Specialized BG gloves are good. I made the mistake of getting my first pair too loose because I wanted to be able to take them off easily. Bad idea. They end up slipping all over the place and the pads don't contact the tape as they should.
This is interesting, because I am leaning to the opposite conclusion in my case. I was/am having a lot of problems with hand numbness and a little pain across all four fingers. Switched from my old gloves to Specialized BG gloves with some satisfaction. I think that one part of my problem is the moral equivalent of overtightening one's shoes prior to a workout. My old and new gloves both seem to constrict my fingers as they swell during a ride, thus causing some numbness. I don't have particularly large hands but fitting the gloves over the palms tends to jam the finger parts in between my fingers. So what has worked for me is to leave the gloves a little loose around my palms and better seated around my fingers. It sounds crazy, but has made a noticeable difference in reducing tingliness.

Anyway, I thought that I would throw this out as a suggestion. Maybe it will help...