View Single Post
Old 09-02-06, 12:39 AM
jpdub

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
is this for real?

I just brought my Klein into the local bike shop for a tune up and I was told the rear cassette was in pretty bad shape, so they suggested replacement of it and the chain. After riding it, I found with the big gear in front and back the chain would jam. I took it back and suggested maybe the chain was too short, they said they would check and let me know. This is the response from the bike shop, "you have a triple chain ring setup and a double rear derailer and they are not compatible... ....you will need to go with a longer cage"

Does that make any sense? The bike worked fine before I brought it in. I don't have a problem with the front derailer shifting between the 3 rings, just the rear, when I go big in front and back. What would the rear derailer have to do with it. All it does is guide it to the 8-9 rings in the rear. Even if I had a double chain ring setup, how would that help the jamming when I go big-big? I assume a double setup would just eliminate the small ring in front......

I plan on calling them tomorrow to ask for an explanation. Thanks for any input you can provide.