Old 09-02-06, 01:42 PM
Nightshade
Humvee of bikes =Worksman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by HiYoSilver
Signs, ala magnetic type signs for magnetic cars, are not designed for safety. Their primary purpose is to let others know how many dangerous and hazardous drivers are on the roads with them and raise awareness for more safety adjustments in the future. Look how long it took for smoking to become taboo. It'll take at least that long for dangerous and hazardous driving to switch from public consciousness as that's just the way it is to I won't put up with this mayhem another day.

Imagine the day when a real driving skill test is required and not the current, are you breathing and do you have money?
Pilots, marine captains, semi truck drivers all have to be tested regually and certifed as competent to
operate their"vehicles". What if "car" drivers were to fall under this same level of certification testing?

I'd say that many would fail thus clearing the road for drivers that care enough to invest time honing
skill sets requried to "be" a good driver. The careless,drunk,talking on cell phone, or daydreaming drivers
would disappear from our roads overnight.

Originally Posted by krazygluon
Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred, which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?