Old 09-03-06, 08:00 PM
Nightshade
Humvee of bikes =Worksman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PM7771
My biking friend who I have the utmost in respect claims that unless a cyclist pushes hard on a ride - to the point of finishing a ride with some level of fatigue or muscular soreness - that you aren't getting the benefit of building muscles. Thats how I understand him.
I get a real buzz out of "jocks" who kid themselves that the "pain" is a good thing.

What a load of horse poop......

Pain is the bodies warning system that must not be tested as much as jocks think they have to. Jocks
wind up in older age with bad knees,backs,hips,shoulders, etc. that cause them pain all the time.
This is a good thing********************?

Serves the idiots right to be in pain all the time just so they can claim some phantom "gain". Even the
Gladiators of Rome knew that there was an end to this kind of pain.......in death......and nowhere else.

Any healthy human can gain from steady sane excercise in a low impact way without blowing a
gasket doing it. Slow, steady, simple & consistent are the keys to good cardio and muscle workout.

Originally Posted by krazygluon
Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred, which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?