View Single Post
Old 08-17-03, 09:13 PM
Patch29

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Half way to my first century.

I had not been riding as much as I would like over the last few years and this summer it started to show. I have been wanting to tour and need to get in shape, so I have been riding and lifting weights. This weekend I broke one barrier and rode fifty miles, my goal is a century. I hope to accomplish this within the next four weeks. It has been over a day and I am only a little sore, not bad at all, I expected to hurt a little more. When riding I did notice that towards the end I really need to keep refueling. I will be carrying a lot of powergel and bars for the big ride. I am probably going to ride the Silver Comet Trail to the end and back as my next long ride (75 miles), hopefully around Tuesday August 26th. If there are any interested Atlanta riders let me know. I am not going for speed and will probably take several breaks to break the day up. I am just pumped up that I made it to fifty and feel good, we will see if I still feel fine tomorrow. Looking forward to my first century soon and getting out on the road for some great riding.