Old 09-07-06, 07:05 PM
cavernmech
Jonnys ilegitimate Father

Bikes: too many too list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have had my share of bike's stolen. I have also recovered my fair share of stolen bike's for folk's. I am pretty tight (well as tight as a "citizen" can be anyway) with the local cop's in the hood my shop is in. Alot of these guy's are Mtn bike racer's that I talk some "I finished better than you" s#!t talk too. They are cyclist's (some of em' undercover on their ride's) and know high end bikes well. The feeling amongst them is that there is a pipeline amongst dirtbag's in other major city's so that when a sweet bike is stolen they are moving them between each other into other city's so that the heat is lower. I know here bike theft's that are reported pretty much stay within the jurisdiction that they are stolen in. Keeping other people in close by, but perhap's across a State/Provincial line, informed about theft's may someday help this problem. The cop's don't have the time (that's a whole other conversation) to combat this scourge. Keep getting the word out and sometime's good thing's happen.