Old 09-07-06, 10:39 PM
jschen
riding once again

Bikes: '06 Cervelo R3, '05 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I tried teflon between the valve and extender. My problem definitely is that my pump can't grab hold of the extender well enough. Maybe if I bought one of those fancy extenders with their own valves, I'd be okay. Or if I bought a pump that could handle the extender. But might as well just buy a pump that requires sufficiently little clearance that I don't need an extender in the first place. Might be a few dollars more, but far more convenient in the long run. (Or just use longer valves. But the short valves look so nice!)

Originally Posted by 1265 Lombardi
I may take your suggestion starting from Claremont. How does it compare to GMR, grade wise?
If you decide to start in Claremont, there's a parking lot at the intersection of Mills Rd and Mt Baldy Rd, right at the bottom of the climb. It's tougher getting to the village. The stretch after the tunnels is pretty steep. But if you're aiming for the ski lifts, the last 4.6 miles are identical, so it actually ends up an easier climb in my opinion because you aren't as worn out by the time you reach the village. If you're just aiming for Baldy village, GMR/GRR definitely is easier.

Poor Brandy's bike. If I were Brandy's bike, I'd probably be sad, too. But not as sad as my Roubaix. It's been sitting on the floor upside down for a month since it doesn't have tires at the moment. I'll put a set on by Wednesday, though, since I'm taking it to the LBS to get a quick tune-up before giving it to my dad. And once with my dad, it will even get an upgraded wheelset (my Easton Circuits). But that's still a month away, and in the meantime, it's completely uncared for. Even my Allez gets far more love nowadays, sitting on a trainer in front of the TV.