View Single Post
Old 09-11-06, 07:15 AM
froze
Banned.

Bikes: 84 Trek 660 Suntour Superbe; 87 Giant Rincon Shimano XT; 07 Mercian Vincitore Campy Veloce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bccycleguy
I have been working on selling the idea of doing a cycling trip in Europe for the last couple of years to my wife. Retirement is in about 5 years time, maybe it might happen before then?

Anyway it goes something like this: we both fly over, I go on a short tour (maybe with a paid group) for a week or 10 days, meanwhile my wife will travel with her sister (or friend?) somewhere and then we'll meet and rent some place for a month in France that has some sights, good restaurants and good riding. I do day trips +/- some train/bike combination day trips while She can visit the sights, and sometimes meet me for lunch in some nearby town, etc.
Yep, that's sounds about what we're going to do as well. Right now I don't tour not even short tours because I use my vacation time to spend with the family since I still have 2 kids at home; but one is leaving the roost here in about 6 months to get married, but the other is still just 12; so I try to spend as much time as I can with my children because their only with you for a short while. Right now the longest trips I take are 1 day trips that may take me up to 150 miles either one way and meet the family somewhere or round trip.

I do have a family trip planned for England next year but that won't be a bike riding trip at all...darn! Oh well, it's all good. But I will be visiting the Mercian bike shop in Derby to have one their touring bikes custom made for me while in England, then they will ship the bike to my home when completed in about 3 months. So at least I'll be doing something bike related!!!!