Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 09-12-06, 07:33 AM
somnambulant
So I says to Mable I says

Bikes: '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
why is it that the roads get WAY more dangerous every year when school starts again? Shouldn't people be trying to be MORE safe? I had one guy walking down the bike lane, another group of people walk off the sidewalk into the street and THEN look, and another guy walking in the same direction as me encountered a pole on the sidewalk and went around the left side (ie. walking directly in front of me) without even looking.. then there was a car driving in the bike lane and when I rode along side of him (and matched his speed to block him from passing in the bike lane) I got a dirty look and then he screeched his tires to "catch" the traffic 20 feet ahead of him.

also: it's shocking how often I get work-related emails from people at say 11:30pm or on weekends, etc. wtf is wrong with people? I've never understood the work slaves. It's different if you're doing something you love, but I can't imagine that anyone gets a big thrill out of setting up a meeting with a loser like me. If I ever, EVER do work at home or on the weekends without getting paid extra for it, I give you full permission to smack me.

Last edited by somnambulant; 09-12-06 at 07:50 AM.