Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
JYB,

I don't need it, I don't have room for it... but you are fairly close, and I it does draw my interest... I have spent a couple of days trying to tell myself I'm not interested, but alas, I find that I am. 22" is my size. I like Schwinns... It wouldn't be my heaviest bike, my Corvette has that role, but I have a problem with my own weight, so I can't discriminate against bikes because they are too heavy.

I got rid of a Suburban last year, and I have been regretting it. I even have a set of 27" alloy wheels that should bolt right on... and even a Campagnolo FD for it, after I add the cable guides under the BB, which I also have. Heck, I don't know, but I might actually still have the fenders off the suburban, in blue, that would probably fit... unless I got rid of them. I may even install a triple chain ring I have for an ashtabula crank.

What bikes do you have that I might be able to find a part for that you would be interested in? I guess I could offer you a dinged up non-indexed Shimano 600 RD (early, but not Arabesque). Or I have a NOS Positron II RD if you want indexed. I guess I could even be talked out of a Shimano 600 SIS 6 speed RD. Any interest in 1989 Shimano 600 pedals? I have a pair with clips and straps.

Maybe some old handlebars and/or brakes and/or derailleurs from late 1970's or early 1980's Varsinentals... but I suspect since you are trading away this bike, they may not be your cup of tea.

Any interest in an old Motobecane Mixte frame?

It's too small based on your sig, but I do have a 1989 Cannondale touring bike frame with a slightly tweaked rear triangle (56 CM) I wanted it to be my first road bike of this decade, but got discouraged when I discovered the alignment issue... it is ridable, but would be best with narrow tires... not the 27 X 1&1/4 I was going to run on it. My quess is even moving to 27 X 1&1/8 would be enough to give the clearance it needs...

I also have some other miscellaneous cheap parts I could look through.

Or, if you just want to find it a nice home and pay it forward, I can do that too... Let me know if you're interested in any of my stuff... because in spite of trying to resist, I am interested in yours.

... Darwin

PS - It is a noble act to rescue a bike... no matter what happens, you gave it a little time, a little reason to hope, and maybe a new home...

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson