Turboem1
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Reno

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Best bike to lose weight with?

I am looking at purchasing a new bike for the purpose of weight loss plus I enjoy riding. Right now I only have a hardtail mountain bike that needs some parts but I am looking to buy something more road friendly.

My riding would be all on road and no offroad. I ride to and from work in the subsubs. I ride on suburban streets and paved bike trails (a bike trail by me is 4 miles each way plus i am 2 miles from the trail. I will often do this 12 mile round trip). I would like to eventually be able to do 70+ miles.

I am confused about what bike to purchase. I dont want to get to good of a bike which would cause me not to get as good of a workout. Does this make any sense or am I crazy? I understand anything is better then nothing and that is why I am riding the bike I have for the time being but its not enjoyable now and I Really want to stick with it.

I am debating between a couple of bikes. The Trek 7.3fx (flatbar road bike) or a fuji newest 3.0 (road bike with drop bars). I also can expand my budget and get something like a Trek 7.5fx, Trek 1200, or Fuji Newest 1.0 but am not sure what I should do. I feel a bike like the Trek 1200 might make things to easy slowing down progress.

I would like to spend about $500 but if necesary I can go up to no more then $800.

Any input would be great.