View Single Post
Old 09-14-06, 01:30 AM
bitingduck

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Another Chris

I live in Altadena and ride to work and back (5 miles each way) on days that I don't have a carpool that goes down to Carson to train at the track at the ADT event center (see the link in my sig). Tuesdays (and lately thursdays, too) I go down to ADT to do interval training. On weekends I usually race on saturdays during the summer, at either the encino velodrome or ADT, but I did a couple crits this summer, too, and some track races in colorado springs and san diego.

Sundays if I'm really fried or it's unbearably hot or smoggy or rainy out I'll sometimes go down to ADT (always 70F, 50% humidity, with a nice PA) and ride tempo or just mess around. If it's nice I'll pedal out to GMR (usually by myself) and go up, usually just to the GRR intersection, then come down via east fork to 39 and back. This summer I also did some high elevation hikes on really hot days (starting at 6800' and above), and it was really nice. Sometimes I drive out to GMR and pedal all the way up-- it's just a lot of time to pedal out, ride all the way up, and pedal home.