View Single Post
Old 09-14-06, 10:37 AM
notenspeed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fort Wayne, IN. We have 3 Rivers Velosport Club (?). I need to check it out, they sponsor rides and have meetings, etc. There are a couple of trails: the River Greenway, which follows our 3 rivers (but usually not useful for me to commute), the side trails from the Greenway (like 2-3 short loops), and coming soon a good trail on the SW side (I'm northeast).

This Saturday the local NPR station is sponsoring a "Bike-nic" 7a-10a ride on the Greenway, then a picnic and activities at the park downtown. Sounds nice, I'll be there with my 12 year old son.

Drivers here are usually oblivious to riders, there aren`'t any bike lanes, usually the shoulder is non-existant, totally trashed or stops suddenly.

Not a lot of riders here, but that is changing, I think. Or else I'm just noticing more cyclists since I started a month ago (a little of both, maybe). My commute is 6 miles to the local Indiana U. Purdue U. campus. They added dorms last year, so now there IS a lot of bikes on campus, but there didn't used to be.

Last edited by notenspeed; 09-16-06 at 08:22 AM.